OTTO® 20-METER SINGLE EAR and DUAL EAR DIVER HEADSET
The 20-Meter Diver headset is the right choice for water rescues, special operations, maritime security operations, underwater repairs, and more.
With Dual Ear or Single Side Headset, OTTO® offers uncompromising water-resistance solutions that function flawlessly at depths of up to 20 meters in fresh or saltwater. The specially designed larger, over-the-ear rubber speakers and water-resistant microphone have been tested under extreme conditions to ensure the headset will continue to provide clear communications even after multiple dives to as deep as 20 meters of saltwater. The dual-ear headset includes a hard-wired PTT designed to perform at depths up to 20 meters without self-actuating. It is compatible with multiple radio platforms and ideal for all communications needs where water-resistance is a requirement.
Otto has successfully completed multiple tests for extreme depth and harsh conditions. The 20-meter test conducted on both the Single Ear and Dual Ear headset repeats a dive to 20 meters for several minutes.
The testing includes repeated dives to 20 meters for several minutes and then returning to the surface. The test includes a significant temperature differential between the headset and the water to ensure that the headset will not leak from the combination of temperature variation and extreme pressure. This headset is built and will operate through multiple missions.
- Large rubber ear cup speakers deliver superb audio communications and block out unwanted noise.
- Speakers fit through the washable mesh and elastic headband for a precise fit over the ears.
- Flexible electret boom microphone can be precisely positioned for ideal communications clarity.
- Washable Velcro® head strap and elastic headband ensure a secure, comfortable fit.
- Hard-wired, ruggedized push-to-talk (PTT) will function dependably at depth but will not self actuate.
- Designed to fit under a helmet or cap.
- Immersion tested and fully sealed per IP68 standard: withstands total submersion.
- Microphone sensitivity rating at 94 dB SPL: -35 dB Typical
- Cable pull from ear cup, axial: 20 lbs; from the connector, axial: 40 lbs.
- Operating and storage temperature range: -40° C to +70° C
- Tested in accordance with MIL-STD-810G standards
- 3-year warranty
NoizeBarrier® Range SA
Tactical Over-The-Ear Headset
The NoizeBarrier® Range SA was originally designed for military use and is the premier headset for true firearm professionals who need advanced hearing protection but without radio communication capability.
Whether you are at an outdoor/indoor range or a tactical shoot house, the NoizeBarrier® Range SA features 360˚ advanced situational awareness and industry-leading hearing protection for any live-fire training activity.
The NoizeBarrier® Range SA combines performance with extreme comfort. The ear seals’ shape was explicitly designed with the best ergonomic principles in mind, allowing the headset to be worn all day without discomfort. The design allows for a smooth shouldering of your firearm, and the headset fits well with safety glasses and other equipment.
OTTO® has collaborated with tactical operators to design and engineer a headset that meets modern firearms user demands. The results are 360˚ advanced situational awareness and industry-leading hearing protection. The crystal-clear audio and precise situational awareness deliver an unparalleled soundscape experience for maximum safety and performance.
Sophisticated technology automatically dampens loud or impulse sounds without clipping or cutting out, while situational awareness microphones amplify normal-level sounds and nearby conversation.
- Microphones built into each ear cup amplify barely audible low volume sounds, allowing users to hear the “important noises” and provide accurate sound localization, letting users stay alert and responsive to the surrounding environment.
- Easy-access controls mounted on the left ear cup adjust the volume to five different levels.
- Ultra-soft, comfortable Comply™ foam ear cushions form a tight seal around the ears to significantly reduce the effects of unsafe noise levels. Snap off to easily replace in the field when needed.
- Can be configured to receive radio transmissions from speaker mics and surveillance kits to maintain discreet communication in a tactical environment.
- Available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, and Olive Drab Green.
- Talk time of 72 hours with 2 AAA batteries. Clarity of situational awareness does not degrade over the entire life of batteries.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 23dB
- Compliant to MIL-STD-810G specifications
- Automatic shutdown after 2 hours of idle time
- Optimal operation and storage temperature range: -40° C to +71° C
- USA Country of Origin. TAA, BAA, MIL-STD-810G, and Berry Amendment compliant
- Meets IP68 standard to withstand full immersion to 1 meter for 31 minutes
- 1-year warranty
OTTO Engineering, 20 Meter Diver Headset, and NoizeBarrier® Range SA Tactical Over-The-Ear Headset is written by Mathew Pruitt for www.quanticotactical.com